Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cheesecakes, Tiaras and a Bachelorette

I skipped running over the weekend to have a little fun with the girls. We traveled to Orlando for a bachelorette party for one of my friends. The weekend kicked off with some pampering at a spa, complete with food, champagne and robes (or in my case a mobe - men's robe). I received a pedicure with OPI's The Show Must Go On as my polish. It is a really neat red with lots of sparkle. Two other ladies jazzed up their toes with the hue.


After the spa, we went to our hotel to get ready for dinner and dancing. We had so much fun in the room. We had cocktails, ate some treats and some yummy chocolate covered cherry jello shot cake. I made some tasty caramel chocolate chip cheesecakes for the bride-to-be.


After our little pre-party, we met up with the other ladies joining the party and headed to dinner at Pastamore in Universal Orlando's City Walk. The night followed with some drinks, dancing, a female stalker and a tranny. Despite the rain outside, I think everyone had a great time. 


The weekend came to a close with some outlet shopping in Orlando, where I found some wine glasses for the Disney marathon. My friend and I had planned to each grab one after the race in January, but they were all sold out. So I was delighted to find them at the outlet and half off. 



After some power shopping, we made the drive back to Tampa to watch Super Bowl XLV and get some much needed rest. Overall, it was a great little mini-vacation weekend. It was nice to get out with the girls and let loose a bit. I can't really remember the last time I did that. 2011 is turning out to be quite an adventure filled with belly dancing, cake decorating, bachelorette parties and weddings. I can't wait to see what will happen next.




No comments:

Post a Comment