Monday, February 14, 2011

Breakfast At Tiffany's Cupcakes

I had the honor of making cupcakes for another friend's bridal shower. This time the theme was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" to compliment the wedding colors and story of the couple's romance in New York City. 

The first step was to figure out the bride's favorite cake and frosting combo. I really can't believe how easy this was. The bride has actually been one of my biggest supporters for starting a cupcake business. A couple weeks ago she asked me to set up an Etsy page to sell some of my creations. Then we both decided I needed a menu. So I sent an email to a couple friends asking their favorite flavor combos. Of course, the bride was the first to respond. She had a long list of flavors, but there it was at top - Red Velvet with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (my favorite). 

Ok, I had the flavors down. And as for decoration, there was no other choice. They had to look like Tiffany boxes.



The cupcakes fit in perfectly with the theme. And everyone seemed to enjoy the frosting and cake combo, especially the bride. That makes me very happy!


Up next, some baby shower cupcakes for another friend. I have some ideas for that one too. Hopefully they turn out just as cute as these.

1 comment:

  1. They were beautiful and of course, tasted amazing!! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete