Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cake Decorating Class - Week 3

Week 3 of cake decorating class was all about cupcakes. I was kind of ahead of the curve on this one. At least when it comes to frosting. I have that down!


But we also got out the practice boards and learned some borders, flowers and leaves.

Shell Border with Drop Flowers

Drop Flowers with Leaves

Shaggy Mum Flower with Leaves

Next week is my final cake decorating class. I have to bring a filled and iced 8 inch cake to class with me. Then we will learn how to make some ribbon roses and some other flowers before finally making a complete cake. We were asked to pick something out of the book to recreate. I am trying to decide between these two:

 

They are actually pretty similar. I guess it will just depend on how confident I feel about my decorating skills that day. But I do have a cool new caddy to carry all my tools.


I will be sure to post photos of my final project. And now that I am about to graduate, I am ready to register for another class or two. Wilton offers two more classes - Flowers & Design and Fondant & Gum Paste. I am thinking about taking both at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment