Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cake Decorating Class - Week 2

As part of my 20II (yes those are I's... for me), I decided to sign up for a cake decorating. I decorate cupcakes all the time and can use a pastry bag, but I thought this would be a great way to learn how to use all the tips in my decorating kit. Also, the class teaches you how to make frosting flowers. Personally, I am not a fan of frosting, so I don't like the flowers. But I am sure it is a technique I can utilize in creations for friends (and maybe customers) in the future.

I had my second class this week and we actually go to do some decorating. The first class was just about loading a pastry bag with frosting, attaching the tip, etc. As you can imagine, I was pretty excited to get to work.

Here is what we were suppose to create:


Unfortunately, the instructor had us thin out our frosting a bit too much, so I didn't get the exact result. She also had us do a different border. Anyway, here is my finished product:




Not bad for my first try. I am excited to think of all the cool things I can do once I have better frosting to work with. Next week is all about cupcakes, which should be easy and fun. We are going to learn a filling technique and also start learning some of the flowers and border designs. I will be sure to post photos of that project too.

No comments:

Post a Comment