Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Give a Hoot, Heather Is Having A Baby Shower!

My good friend, Heather, is pregnant. She is expecting a beautiful baby girl in the next few weeks. Over the weekend, a baby shower was held for her. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it. I did, however, send my love to the mom-to-be in the form of cupcakes. 

Anyone who knows Heather, knows how much she loves owls. So I used that, plus the fact that the nursery is decorated in pink and brown, to create these adorable cupcake wrappers. 



As for the cupcakes, I went pink. Strawberry cake with pink cream cheese frosting.


I had no idea what the other decorations would be at the shower, but as you can see my creation fit in beautifully.


I also channeled my inner craft diva to create a gift for Heather and baby Avery. I wanted to do something personal that would last throughout her childhood. So I made her a quilt.

Here is the fabric I used. Notice the owl theme carried over into this project too.

Here are some of the inner squares I put together for the quilt.

And here is the finished product!

From what I have been told, Heather loves the quilt. And it matches the sheets in her bassinet, which makes me very happy! I was worried because the colors were so far off the nursery design.

Guests were also asked to bring a book for baby Avery and to sign the inside. My book selection was prompted by one of my favorite quotes, which I included in my inscription. 

Quote written inside: 
"Promise me you'll always remember...
You are braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think."
~Christopher Robin to Winnie-The-Pooh

I hope Heather had a wonderful baby shower full of love, family and good friends. I am excited to meet baby Avery. There is no doubt in my mind Heather will make a wonderful mother. Congratulations Heather and Ryan!

2 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out perfect! The cupcakes are adorable! The collection of Winnie the Pooh stories will be treasured forever. I loved this post, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color scheme of this shower and the quilt is also beautiful.Winnie the pooh theme

    ReplyDelete